Most homeowners do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Cardinal Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn everything you will want to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator is able to store food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to stop spoilage and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Cardinal Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor is not working.
A condenser is located on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the warmth built-up from inside the refrigerator out into the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth held within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to enlist a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby transforming it into liquid.
The thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature within the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in CITY for repair the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance collects the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the warm gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the coils within the appliance and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the best final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will turn back to a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is used in many applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing warmth from one place and then transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, provides a safe space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule service with Cardinal Appliance Repair.
Cardinal Appliance Repair is able to repair nearly all common brands and models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our appliance repairmen in CITY are trained to repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital panels, smart technology and various malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Cardinal Appliance Repair